Welcome to a retreat unlike any other, where the heart of a writer meets the heart of our Creator.
If you choose to participate, we pray this weekend be a special time for you and the work you create.
What is a retreat?
To retreat is to get away from daily activities and busyness. It’s an intentional pursuit of solitude to reflect, pray, refresh, and refuel our souls.
Retreat helps us connect with God and experience a richer knowing of Him.
To experience retreat we intentionally move back from swirling thoughts and cluttered minds. We withdraw from the battle lines where we serve day-in and day-out. And we choose a place of quiet and solitude so we can hear God speak.
Why do writers need a retreat?
When someone says they feel the “call to write”, they’re responding to a spiritual nudge. Their response requires vulnerably sharing words and courageously stepping into new things.
How we share words, where we share them, why we share them, and whom we’ll share them with are all questions we must face.
The call to write is more than a call towards a prescribed end. It’s a call to follow God on a journey without a map to tell us how we’re going to get there. And where we end up sometimes isn’t where we thought we were going.
Writers will face internal and external obstacles of all kinds as they pursue their work. The unknown world of social media and writing tech can be challenging to navigate. Unknown self-focused desires, doubts, and insecurities will surface time and time again.
What we believe about who we are, who others are, and who God is gets shaped and defined along the way.
A writing retreat gives the opportunity to step back from writing expectations and dig in to Spirit-led experiences.
When writers take the time to retreat, they make space to hear from God. They intentionally listen and respond so the work they do has fuel to sustain it.
What’s special about this retreat?
Unleash the Writer Within is a guided retreat experience for the writerly soul. It offers a flexible schedule to meet the needs of attendees.
It’s unlike other retreats because it’s hosted online, which means attendees can join in from the quiet place of their choosing. This may be a preferred hotel, a Bed and Breakfast, or a guest room in someone’s home. It could be your friend’s cabin (ha, that would be nice, wouldn’t it!).
Hosting a retreat online also means attendees can save money in airfares, large ticket prices, and hotel stays (depending on their retreat choice).
This is not a writer’s conference, which often includes several sessions to choose from, big name keynote speakers, and literary professionals.
It’s a retreat, designed by writers for writers.
Instead of focusing on networking and learning all the things about how to do what we do, this retreat brings the focus back to our hearts and why we do what we do.
What’s included in this retreat?
- Access to content as needed during and after the retreat. It’s offered on a platform for courses which means the content will be available long-term. It is not a course, but this is a great way to host the content.
- Structure with flexibility. We provide a guided schedule to help you work through the content over a two-day time spend. How you use this schedule is up to you. Need more time? Need to start later? Need to return to content another day? Want to explore more during a second weekend retreat? You can.
- Opening prayers. These short prayers will usher you into each teaching session.
- Three keynote teaching sessions on obstacles writers face. Ambition, Comparison, and Rejection
- Three follow up teaching sessions designed to unleash your soul. These sessions follow each obstacle and provide guidance for heart work. Specific instruction for using Unleash: Heart & Soul Care Sheets is provided. In addition, several coaching questions are included. They are designed to help attendees dig into heart work that leads towards writing freedom.
*NOTE: Unleash Sheets are optional, but highly recommended for a richer experience. They can be purchased here.
- Writing time and prompts to write. Choose to write with our prompts, or write as God leads during the time between sessions.
- Time to rest and reflect. Should you follow the schedule provided, or go at a slower pace, you’ll have time to reflect and refuel in the presence of God. You may also have time to rest and nap if needed. 🙂NOTE: This retreat will go live January 25-26th of 2019. During the LIVE EVENT, we will be hosting three GROUP GATHERINGS via Zoom. They are only available during the live event.After the live event, this retreat package will be available for anyone to use on any dates they choose. To connect with others in the Rise Up Writers group, please join us on Facebook here and on social media with the handle @RiseUpWriters #RiseUpWriters.Want to join us? Register for the Unleash the Writer Within, an online retreat.